Friday, February 17, 2012

The waiting game...

It is hard to believe that in two weeks I will be down in Vicksburg Mississippi!!  It seems that the last couple of months have flown by.  This past week is one that I will remember for a long time.  Some of my co-workers threw me a party.  They took me out bowling, I had a GREAT time even though I am probably the worst bowler ever.


Then came my last day of work...that was a emotional but peaceful day.  I am sad to be heading so far away from the friends that I have a work, but there was a definite sense of peace that heading to AmeriCorp is the right direction for me to be taking right now.  As much as I hate saying "goodbye", sometimes it needs to be said.  But in this case, it is not "goodbye" but instead it is "see you later"!

Yesterday I was able to take a day trip out to Alfred and see most of the teachers that I had at college.  They were excited to hear what I am up to.  I was also able to see a couple of close friends from college and had the chance to relax with them for a little while.

In the meantime, I am still waiting, somewhat impatiently, for the travel details to arrive.  So today is the figuring out what I need to pack up and leave at home and what I need to take with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment