Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day One of Training

So after a crazy day of flying and delays, layovers, standby and other fun stuff like that, I finally made it safely to Vicksburg Mississippi.  (I left my notebook in my room, so I will tell that story later.)  Today was a long day of "in-processing", which is basically the beginning of orientation, as well as being issued our uniforms.  For the most part it has been a "relaxing" day, in the sense that even though all the orientation stuff is going on, I know that everything is working out and not much has happened so far that has thrown me for a loop (yet).  Today reminded me in a way of working at Lowe's--on my feet on concrete for most of the day, lots and lots of walking, carrying stuff, helping people figure out what was happening next.

On an interesting note, last night I tried fryed catfish.  Not really a big fan, but then again, I am not really a big fan of seafood in general.

1 comment:

  1. I like fried catfish when they dip it in cornmeal batter. Is that how yours was?

    Glad you're there, and looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete